If you’re like most of us, you could probably use some good home storage ideas. No matter how much space we have, it seems our stuff conspires to fill it, leaving us to deal with clutter that has no home. With the help of creative home storage ideas it’s possible to find new uses for previously wasted space and decrease clutter at the same time.
- Use all the space you have. Think creatively, and consider the unexpected, like putting a shelf above a closet door, or using a loft bed to create more floor space. Consider your vertical space as well as horizontal space, and you may think of new ways to use it.
- Choose pieces with space already built in. One of the most tried-and-true home storage ideas is to decorate with pieces that hide storage compartments. Whether it’s a storage ottoman, a coffee table with baskets or drawers beneath it, or even a mirror that conceals a compartment for valuables, decorating with storage is a great way to make the most of your space.
- Stairs don’t have to just be stairs. Drawers built into the rise of each step, or cabinets built into the side of a staircase are two great home storage ideas that offer a way to use space that would otherwise be wasted.
- Look at your exposed beams with a new eye. One clever idea is to use them for book storage, accessible by ladder. This new twist on the idea of a loft is a great way to keep your reading materials out of your way.
- Drawers can be built into many different things. Under the benches in the breakfast nook or under the cabinets in the kitchen.
- Fake fixtures can hide things in plain sight. An outlet that hides valuables, or a box that looks like books are just two home storage ideas that use clever fakery to keep your prized possessions away from prying eyes.
- Don’t overlook the windows. A window seat is a charming addition to a room; in addition to providing a place to enjoy the view, it can also be a wonderful storage space. Create a bench with a hinged lid, or with built-in drawers, or even a shelf underneath that can hold decorative baskets.
No matter how many creative home storage ideas you use, there may come a time when you need to find a place more suited to hold your possessions! When that time comes, trust BidSelect to give you the tools you need to make a move. For more information about buying or selling your home, or to see current homes in your area, visit www.BidSelect.com. Don’t forget to join our online community by connecting with us on Facebook and Twitter.