When it comes to selling your home, following real estate tips on how and when to sell is one of the most important things you can do. With the real estate market recovering from the recession of recent years, there is no doubt this is the time to consider real estate tips for selling your home and getting the most for your property. But with so many criteria in place and so many people looking to buy and sell in the coming seasons, how can you know how and when it is the right time to sell your property?
Tips for Selling Your Home
Remember, there is a lot of competition right now for those who are looking to sell their properties. Homes stay on the market an average of four months before they are sold, but the wrong approach can leave you with a home that is not even being shown for sale. Follow these simple real estate tips to more effectively selling your home.
- Don’t make your home a fixer-upper. Today’s home buyers are looking for homes that are as close to ideal as possible, so trying to sell a home that needs painting or has faulty pipelines or damaged fixtures simply will not work. Fix all of the drawbacks before putting the house on the market.
- Have your home inspected. A home inspection prior to putting your home on the market provides a much clearer understanding of what work should be done in your house as well as its market value. An inspection beforehand will also prevent unexpected surprises when it comes time for another inspection at closing time; new discoveries at that time could derail the sale.
- Work with a real estate agent. Real estate agents will know how to sell your home in the current market and they will help you identify, target, and ultimately engage the right audience for your home.
- Research your market. How many homes are for sale in your area? How quickly are they selling, and for how much? These are all important factors in helping you decide whether selling your house is right for you.
- Determine your price carefully. Remember that the area, current market sales and other factors come into play when it comes to determining the sales price. Be smart about it—consider all factors when deciding on a price. Overpricing your property can substantially limit your options.
When Should You Sell?
As for when you should sell your home, spring and summer are often the best times to sell. Spring is a busy time—tax refunds enable families to put down large down payments on new homes, children are finishing school and getting ready for the summer, and people see this as the perfect time to move. Summer accounts for about 60 percent of moves, according to Lending Tree, so it should be no surprise that most home sales occur during this time of year. So consider listing your home as early as possible in the spring to have a greater chance of selling during this peak season.
For more information on buying/selling your home visit BidSelect.com. Don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn for more information on how and when to sell your home.